Contact Our Edgewood Office 859-757-4234


Contact Our Edgewood Office 859-757-4234


Quality Family Law Representation

"Because It Matters"

Spousal Support

Helping Couples Navigate Spousal Support

During a pending divorce, dissolution or legal separation, one spouse may be ordered to pay the other spouse a monthly amount of money to cover living expenses. Spousal support or spousal maintenance may be ordered to continue after the divorce, dissolution or legal separation is final.

The family law firm of Dietz Family Law PLLC in Edgewood, Kentucky, works with clients to help them understand how spousal support will factor into their divorce proceedings – whether a spouse is ordered to pay it or a spouse is expecting to receive it. Lead attorney Stephanie A. Dietz has experience with a large number of divorce cases involving spousal support.

How Is Spousal Support Determined?

Unlike child support, no formula is employed to determine whether the court will order support of a spouse or, if so, what the amount would be or how long it should last. In Kentucky and Ohio, there are factors for the court to consider in determining whether spousal support or maintenance is appropriate on a case-by-case basis.

Some factors that determine spousal support include:

  • The incomes of the parties, as well as their earning capacities
  • If the couple has children
  • What the parties’ lifestyle and standard of living was before the divorce
  • If additional support might be required down the road

The amount for spousal support might be ordered to be paid monthly or it could be required to be paid as a single lump sum.

Call Dietz Family Law To Get Answers On Spousal Support

Spousal support can play an essential role in your divorce proceedings, which is why it is important to have an attorney. Stephanie A. Dietz has experience working in all facets of family law and will work with you to find the best possible solutions to fit your needs now and in the future. Call 859-757-4234 to schedule an appointment with us or submit your information via our online form.